Sunday, February 24, 2008

Linux/Window boot problem

Some time ago,I was unable to boot my system.
I have two os on my system :windows and linux.
Something get currupted and only grub command line was appearing after rebooting my system.
I remembered that was a very panic for me.I asked to my friends and system admin but not able to find any solution.
At that time I had some other priority works so I formatted my hard disk and reinstall windows.

Currently I faced the same situation in my office working PC.
Now I founded the solution of this problem and able to reboot my windows machine.

To run the window machine ,I read grub.conf over the internt and fire the following command s on grub command line menu

grub> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
grub> chainloader +1
grub>boot

huh.. my windows starts to boot.

No comments: